Guidelines for Orientations and Presentations
Please read the following guidelines before continuing on to the PR Request Form.
- 1. - The requestor is a representative of an Emergency Services provider (i.e. Fire Dept; EMS; Police;
Communications Center; Emergency Management Agency) or a Hospital and the purpose of the presentation
is orientation/education for members of the requesting agency or service. For presentations or orientations to
be conducted away from the respective LVHN MedEvac base location for these categories, attendance is realistically
expected to be at least fifty (50) persons.
- 2. - The requestor is a representative of a non-profit public service agency, school, or civic organization (i,e.
Lions Club; Rotary; Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts etc) located in the LVHN MedEvac
Service Area and the purpose of the presentation is educational with respect to healthcare for the organization
and/or the public in general. For presentations or orientations to be conducted away from the respective
LVHN MedEvac base location for these categories, attendance is realistically expected to be at least two
hundred (200) persons, otherwise the group/organization must be willing to travel to the hospital, or to one of
the LVHN MedEvac base locations. Requests for these categories made for organizations comprised of
specific age groups will be accepted only when the presentation can be modified to be appropriate for the
specific age groups. Normally requests for presentations at requestor's location will not be accepted if
LVHN MedEvac has made a similar presentation at the same location within the past two years.
- 3. - The purpose of the presentation/orientation must be educational with respect to healthcare, or for
Emergency Services, specific to accessing and utilizing the services of LVHN MedEvac.
- 4. - The requesting service or agency is located in the PA Counties of Berks, Carbon,
Lehigh, southern Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton or Schuylkill.
- 5. - The request is received FOUR (4) weeks in advance of the date of the presentation or event, and does not
conflict with another event previously scheduled.
- 6. - If a LVHN MedEvac aircraft is to be flown to the location, appropriate landing area preparations have
been acknowledged and accepted, including securing permission of the property owner and security of the
area during flight operations.
- 7. - Time allotment at each event will normally not exceed 2 hours.
- 8. - All requests will be reviewed and acknowledged as approved or denied within seven days of submittal.
- 9. - LVHN MedEvac reserves the right to accept or reject any requests for presentations or orientations.
Thank for reading the guidelines for orientations and presentations. If your request conforms to the guidelines, please continue on to the PR Request Form.